Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Away from Atlanta

Ashley and I went hiking last weekend,climbing up to Blood Mountain. It was pretty toasty high 90's, thanks to our late start we managed to escape the noon sun, and caught the afternoon warmth instead. The phone picture doesn't do it justice, but we could see many layers of mountains off on the horizon. There were beautiful purple flowers and yellow black-eyed Susans. We saw so many tiny little bumblebees. We also, towards the end of the trail, saw a deer, a doe I think ( no antlers that I could see) sitting in the middle of the trail. This would have been on the Appalachian Trail section, before Flat Rock Gap trail splits off. Ashley caught a great picture.

Living in PA for years, I have seen my share of deer, but usually they are at the side of the road waiting to jump in front of the car. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen one so close, so serene and so vibrant.

No comments: